International Childhood Cancer Day 2018 : 15 February. “Advance Cures and Transform Care”
(HRH Princess Dina Mired, mother of childhood cancer survivor, President-elect, UICC).
- Build global awareness that more than 300,000 children each year are diagnosed with cancer.
- Build global awareness that many types of childhood cancer are curable if given:
- The right to early and proper diagnosis;
- The right to access life-saving essential medicines;
- The right to appropriate and quality medical treatments, and;
- The right to follow up care, services and sustainable livelihood opportunities for survivors.
- Too often when it comes to childhood cancer we are faced with a response of “but.”
- “But” there aren’t enough children to develop new drugs;
- “But” the treatment is too expensive;
- “But” there aren’t enough doctors,
- “But” …
ICCD 2018 Call to Action